The following questions have been compiled to help you think about the kind of decisions that will need to be made when arranging a funeral.
You are under no pressure at this stage to make any firm plans, and we will be more than happy to explain everything in more detail when you meet your funeral director.
Cremation & Funeral Services
- Is the funeral to be a burial or cremation?
- What sort of coffin would you like?
We offer everything from a simple wood veneer coffin, to wicker, bamboo, woollen and colourful caskets. Click on the links below to view the individual brochures.
- Where would you like the funeral service to be held – church, cemetery, chapel at the crematorium?
- Would you like a religious, semi religious, or non religious service? Is there a particular minister or officiant that you would like to take the service, or are you happy for us to arrange a suitable person?
- Do you even want a service to be held? (It can be cheaper to ask a family member to officiate the service, or even hold a non-funeral (David Bowie style) where no-one attends the crematorium and families receive the ashes back and hold a memorial service at a later date.)
- The number of limousines that you will require? (The limousines seat up to 6 adult passengers).
- Would you like the cortege to leave from a particular address, or take a particular route?
- Would you like the deceased to wear their own clothes, or for us to provide a gown?
- Would you like to visit the deceased in our Private Chapel of Rest?
- Are flowers to be sent, or would you prefer donations to charity?
- Would you like to place a newspaper announcement
- Would you like us to provide personalised Orders of Service? View the In Memory Products e-brochure here.
- We can offer a Horse Drawn Hearse or other styles of transport for the coffin such as a Motorcycle Hearse, different coloured hearses, or a VW camper van hearse. Please contact us for further information.
- If you will need financial assistance to pay for a funeral, there are a number of ways in which you may be able to receive help, click here for further information.
- We can provide Fingerprint jewellery using the latest technology to scan fingerprints and hold them on record. See catalogue for full range of products available. Please tell us if you would like us to take a fingerprint as early as possible.
- We offer ashes jewellery, one of the most popular being ‘Ashes into Glass’. View their online catalog here. We can arrange to send a token amount of ashes on your behalf and take care of transferring ashes into any other urns or jewellery products that you buy.
- What would you like to do with the ashes. Click here for some ideas.
- Are you the right person to make the funeral arrangements? (Click here to read more)